Growing your email list is probably the most important thing you can do in your business right now, especially if you are working to leverage the power of social media whether you have a virtual business or a more traditional business.
But where do you get started? How do you get people to subscribe to your newsletter and then what do you say to them after they do sign up?
In this post, I will share with you my Top 5 Ways to Grow your Email List right now.
- Run ads on Facebook
- Include the invite in your signature of your emails
- Have an opt in box on your website
- Promote on Social Media
- Run a contest
- Participate in a give away event
- Get interviewed on Summits and podcasts
OK, that’s 7 LOL… bonus two!
Before you start any list building activities though, you must make sure you’ve got something to give to people in exchange for their email address that is high value to them and super easy to consume.
We’ll discuss more about what that item might be in future articles… stay tuned.
Let’s dig into these a little bit more.
- Run ads on Facebook – Facebook ads are a great way to get your offer or freebie in front of the right people. The targeting of Facebook ads allows you to target people based on many different criteria from where they live, to their age, to what kind of work title they have, to when their birthdays are happening. It’s a great way to find new people to bring onto your email list so you can get to know them, their businesses and their needs better and so they can get to know you.
- Include the invite in your signature of your emails – What ever email service provider you use for your business or personal make sure there is a link in your signature to the place that people can opt in and claim your free gift and join your newsletter. This won’t result in a HUGE growth of your list, but if they open your email and see it then go on Facebook and see your ad, the likelihood of them click on that ad, because this is now the 2nd time they have seen your invite increases dramatically.
- Have an opt in box on your website – have a box installed on your website in the top part of every page that allows people to input their email and name in exchange for your gift. Make sure it’s enticing and interesting and stands out. Some people like to have pop ups on their website that does it, I know some people find that annoying so make sure to choose the option that is best for you
- Promote on Social Media – make sure you are mentioning your free gift on all your social media channels… at least once a day you want to get this out on them.
- Run a contest – Contests are extremely popular and are a great way to create some buzz about your brand and if the prize is right a great way to grow your email list. Make sure that you are clear on the duration and rules of the contest, have a great prize that people WANT and that you have a page set up that allows people to enter their email address as a form of entry. Make sure you comply with your anti-spam laws here too, so make sure you let people know that entering the contest will get them on your list.
HERE’S YOUR BONUS TIPS
- Participate in a give away event – Give away events are run by one person, they put a group of people together that all share similar and complementary businesses. All their gifts are compiled on a page for people to opt into and all the participants co-promote this event together. It’s a great way to get in front of complementary entrepreneur’s audience and a great way for you to help your audience meet other people who complement your services. So, if you are a business coach for example, you may want to include a Facebook ads expert if your clients were asking about Facebook ads regularly.
- Get interviewed on Summits and podcasts – this is a little more time consuming and effort on your part but the long-term benefits to your business could be HUGE. Usually you are invited to participate in a summit or be a guest on a podcast, you get interviewed for the allotted time, you get to share your expertise in your area and help that person’s audience with their problems AND then offer your gift to people to get the to opt into your list. When you select the right summits and podcasts to be involved in this can be a huge opportunity to get in front of your ideal audience. Google podcasts in your niche to see how many opportunities there are.
- Run a free 5-day challenge in your group – This has been best way I’ve grown my list and my group and sold programs in the last year. Your gift is the challenge, break it down and figure out what you can teach in a 5-day period that will quickly and efficiently address the biggest pain of your audience and give them measure results quickly. This can be from mind set work, to creating a gift to give away to grow your list, to growing your Facebook page, to using Facebook ads. Once you have this content, then you can promote on Facebook ads and in other groups and start growing a super engaged following fast. In one year, over 6 challenges I’ve taken my Facebook group from 300 members to 2100 engaged members. I’ve added 1000’s of subscribers to my list and added 10’s of thousands of income to my bottom line as well as having fun and helping my audience grow their businesses, too! This is one of my faves for sure!
So, which one will you choose to do to grow your email list this year? Let me know if the comments and if I can help at all.
Watch for another post soon about creating your gift, using challenges to grow your list and other business growth tips.