5 Reasons Why You Should Be Using an Auto-Responder
The only reason anyone ever captures a lead, is to build a relationship with them. Unlike a bricks and mortar corner store where we are likely to see repeat customers walking in all the time, online businesses have to rely on other methods to engage visitors.
One of the most effective is the use of Autoresponders. As the name implies, an auto responder is, simply put, an automated response and there are many tools that will allow you to control the automation.
Once you have succeeded in getting someone to sign up for your mailing list, using Autoresponders is the most efficient way to building that critical relationship.
It is a completely automated connection building tool that will help to do the following:
- establish you as an authority
- build trust with your mailing list
- continuously provide useful content in a timely manner
- effortlessly promote your blog and brand
- make recommendations for products and services that are useful to your list
Many of the email service providers that I am familiar with (and there are tons) offer some type of auto-responder tool. Usually, setting up an auto responder system is easy and comes with clear instructions. Despite this, many online business owners, including bloggers, coaches etc. neglect to take full advantage of this critical system. If you are not using an auto-responder system, you should begin doing so right away. Here are a few tips to get started:
- think about what you would like to say to welcome someone to your list and write a concise message to send immediately upon sign-up (in many cases, your email provider makes it mandatory that you send an email for confirmation, so your first auto-responder will usually follow that message)
- create a series of messages (5 – 10 is a good number) containing relevant but timeless information related to you niche
- send the second message between 4 – 5 days later
- send the rest of your series of messages out in one week intervals
- check on a weekly or bi-weekly basis to see if there is anyone on your list that has not heard from you within the last 10 days or so. This means that it is time to add more messages to your series or, set up a few broadcasts to send periodically. (Check your email provider for options for broadcasts to see what might work best for you).
Gina Mortimer Storr
Speaker & Online Business Development Specialist
Gina Mortimer Storr is a, Speaker, Entrepreneur and Internet Marketing Consultant, who works with Small Business Owners to grow their business online, using Social Media, WordPress, Digital Products and Events, as a path to publicity, profits and success.